Find Out How To Become A Certified Pharmacy Technician (Cpht) With ACPE Accredited Pharmacy Technician Training. Learn More Below.
PLEASE NOTE: The program shown below is SEPARATE from the OTHER advanced IV certifications offered on this site.
What do pharmacy technicians do?
Pharmacy technicians play a crucial role in keeping a pharmacy running smoothly. They help pharmacists by carrying out duties such as:
• Accurately and efficiently preparing prescription orders
• Verifying prescription information and dosage
• Entering patient and order information into the pharmacy system
• Processing and submitting insurance claims
• Providing quality customer service to patients and other healthcare providers.
Where do pharmacy technicians work?
Pharmacy technicians work in a variety of settings. The U.S. Department of Labor reports:
• 52% work in pharmacies and drug stores
• 16% work in hospitals (requires adv. certification which can be obtained from this site)
• 17% work in general merchandise stores
• 8% work in food and beverage stores.
These different work settings provide a variety of job opportunities and work schedules as many institutional facilities and a few retail pharmacies remain open 24 hours a day, offering the opportunity to select a schedule and position that fits your lifestyle.
How much do pharmacy technicians earn?
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, pharmacy technicians with formal training or national certification are in particularly high demand and often earn more than those without these qualifications. Specific pay rates vary by region, employer, and work setting; however, the U.S. Department of Labor reports that the middle 50% of professionals in the field earn between $25,900 and $38,540 a year. With advanced certification (such as IV certification offered on this site) the pay rate goes higher.
Is the pharmacy technician field growing?
The pharmacy technician field is a rapidly expanding part of the growing healthcare industry. The Occupational Outlook Handbook, published by the U.S. Department of Labor, estimates:
• A rapidly expanding job market as the field is predicted to grow by 12%, or over 47,000 new jobs, before 2026.
• High demand and good job prospects for pharmacy technicians with formal training or certification.
• A growing number of professionals needed in the field to meet the high demand for prescriptions fueled by an aging population and continued scientific advances.
*U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
Pharmacy Technician Training Program Details
In less than a year, you can be prepared for a successful new career as a pharmacy technician! Built on over 25 years of experience training high-quality healthcare professionals, our Pharmacy Technician (ASHP/ACPE) training helps you quickly gain the knowledge and skills you need to get a good job to better support your family and improve your financial stability.
Prepare For A Better Job
Our comprehensive training was developed in collaboration with practicing pharmacists and certified pharmacy technicians to make sure you gain the knowledge and skills you need to succeed:
• Prepare for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam
• Train for careers in both retail and institutional healthcare settings
• Sign up with one of the only online pharmacy technician programs that is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)/ Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Learn At Home
With online training, you can minimize the challenges of taking time out to return to school. The online training format offers distinct advantages:
• Study on a schedule that fits your life
• Progress at a pace that matches your learning style
• Enjoy the flexibility to adjust the time and effort you devote to your coursework each day.
Achieve Success With Live Learner And Career Support
Our program is designed to help you accomplish your goal of getting a job. In addition to employer-trusted training and online flexibility, you'll also have one-on-one access to three support teams—learner support, technical support, and career support—to ensure you can complete your training and prepare for a better future! All of these support teams are committed to helping you:
• Complete your training quickly
• Prepare for the PTCB Exam
• Successfully move into the workforce
Program Modules and Approximate Completion Hours
Leave your contact details below for an academic advisor to get back to you with more information. **Please enter legitimate details below so the academic advisor can reach you.**
Sign up for this Cpht course and receive 20% OFF the advanced certification courses available on this site.